Health Info & Tips
How to Contribute
News & Events
Heart Disease Info.
Our Mission & Objectives
Our Governance - By Law
Gym with A Difference - (CDP&R)
CPR Training & More
In The News
Red Dress Event
Pulse Articles Nation Newspaper
Tobacco Control Info.
Join The Foundation
See Tax Benefits
Chronic Diseases Commission Press Releases
Leading NGOs Call for International Action to Combat Epidemic of Non-communicable Diseases
GENEVA, Switzerland, May 19, 2009.
CARIBBEAN CIVIL SOCIETY BRIDGETOWN DECLARATION: TACKLING THE CARIBBEAN EPIDEMIC OF CHRONIC DISEASES.
MOH Letter ref: Establishment of the Barbados National Chronic Disease Registry for Ischaemic Heart Disease, Stroke and Cancer -
29th November 2007
DECLARATION OF PORT-OF -SPAIN: UNITING TO STOP THE EPIDEMIC OF CHRONIC NCDs
15th September 2007
Symposium on Food and Agriculture Policies and Obesity
: Prevention of Non-Communicable Diseases in the Caribbean - Conclusions and Recommendations
9th October 2007
DECLARATION OF ST. ANN
- Implementing Agriculture and Food Policies to prevent Obesity and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) in the Caribbean Community. - Grand Bahia Principle Hotel, Runaway Bay, St. Ann, Jamaica,
9th October 2007
Tackling the Chronic Non Communicable Diseases – a national imperative. Delivered at the 66th Annual Delegates Conference of the Barbados Workers Union, 1st September, 2007
. Professor Trevor A. Hassell, Chairman of the National Chronic Non Communicable Diseases Commission.
Television Address by the Chairman of the NCNCDC on the occasion of World Health Day, 7th April, 2007
- Prof. Trevor Hassell. Good evening. Today April 7th is recognized and celebrated throughout the World as World Health Day. This special day was established 58 years ago, and is sponsored by the World Health Organisation to “create awareness of a specific health theme to highlight a priority area of concern for the World Health Organisation”.
Remarks Delivered By Dr. The Honourable Jerome Walcott, Minister Of Health
- On The Occasion Of The Signing Ceremony To Launch The Chronic Non-Communicable Disease Registry, On
Friday, August 3, 2007
, At The Office Of Caribbean Program Coordination Of The Pan American Health Organization, Dayrells Road, St. Michael, At 10:00 A.M.
Commission to tackle non-communicable diseases in Barbados
- By Tony Cumberbatch - Chronic non-communicable diseases (CNCDs) are major public health problems throughout the developed world and have now become even more serious concerns in many areas of the developing world. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that CNCDs account for 59 per cent of deaths globally and almost half, 49.5 per cent, of the global burden of disease. Already 77% of CNCD deaths occur in developing countries.
Cardiology in Barbados – 40 years
- Charles Duncan O’Neal lecture, delivered by: Prof. Trevor A. Hassell on the
9th November 2006
. - Many thanks Professor Fraser for your very kind and generous remarks. Minister of Health, Senior members of staff of the Ministry of Health, Chairman and Members of the Board, Chief Executive Officer and Fellow Executive Directors, distinguished guests, colleagues, friends, fellow employees, students, ladies and gentlemen,